The Cooperative Education Program's mission is to offer relevant quality work experiences for all qualified students who desire to enrich their academic program of study with planned, progressive and monitored work experiences.
Cooperative Education Program Goals/Objectives:
- Place all qualified applicants in quality co-op assignments.
- Develop, coordinate and monitor the mandatory co-op programs while assisting graduates of these programs to secure suitable employment upon graduation.
- Assist employers/potential employers of MSU co-op students in initiating and/or enhancing academically relevant co-op work experiences.
- Maintain and/or disseminate information to participating employers and academic units to maximize program benefits.
- Continue active involvement in all university processes to insure access and participation at all levels.
- Emphasize minority student co-op participation.
- Enhance staff productivity and efficiency of program operations through evaluation, acquisition and utilization of existing technology.
- Maintain a high level of program visibility and awareness to prospective students.
- Monitor space configuration to better serve program needs.
- Offer 24 hour service to students through enhanced web access.