Mississippi State University
College of Architecture Externship Program
Wavier for Participation
My participation in the MSU College of Architecture Externship Program is voluntarily and separate from my attendance at Mississippi State University and thus Mississippi State University is not responsible in the event of an injury, accidents, personal loss, or other occurrences during the externship.
- I understand that Mississippi State University has no control over the externship aside from providing students with access to sponsors. All events that take place during the externship will be solely between me and the sponsor.
- If I am not able to participate or to complete my externship, I will explain in writing to the sponsor and the College of Architecture as soon as possible but no later than two weeks of the cancellation.
- I understand that I am expected to dress and act in a manner consistent with the professional standards of the organization and will consult my sponsor concerning guidelines for the organization.
- I will complete the student evaluation and submit it to Career Services within one month following the externship. I also understand that I must send a thank you letter to my sponsor and copy the College of Architecture no later than two weeks after I complete the externship.
- I understand that I have no insurance coverage through Mississippi State University, and may or may not be covered by the sponsor, in the event of injury, accidents, personal loss, or other occurrences during the externship.
- I understand that if I do not comply with the above, I will not be allowed to participate in the Mississippi State University Externship Program or other programs coordinated through Mississippi State University involving alumni and other employer sponsors in the future.
- I understand that all expenses are my responsibility. Neither Mississippi State University nor the sponsor will provide housing, transportation, or any type of financial assistance.
- I understand that I will not receive payment or credit for participating in the Mississippi State University Externship Program and that I must attend one orientation session to participate in the externship.
- I understand that the externship is only for a short time period and I am not guaranteed a future internship or job with my sponsor.
- I understand that Mississippi State University and its employees shall not be responsible for occurrences of any sort related to my participation in the externship program and I will indemnify and hold Mississippi State University and its employees harmless from any claims, damages, or loss arising out of my participation in the externship program.
Thank you for your interest in the Architecture Externship Program.
The deadline to submit an application was March 1st, 2014.
Please contact the Cooperative Education Office at 662-325-3823 for assistance.